Monday, 2 July 2012

Books I love...

I love books that I can re-read over and over again without getting tired of them.  I've started Elizabeth Moon's Oath of Fealty again (after book three ended so distressingly!), and I think it's my third time round.  Somehow, though I know what's coming, it still seems fresh and I find myself anticipating the plot with pleasure and still finding something new.  I wonder what it is in the quality of writing that makes this possible - is it the characters that are so appealling you want to read their story again and again, is it an intricate plot that means you have to read a book many times to truly explore and know all the twists and turns?
And yet it's great to read new books too, everything unfolding gently or rapidly before your mind, a new world to explore, new people to meet.  I love to see new titles on askmeaboutbooks.co.uk.  I have my favourite search routes, of course - Genre, Themes - but sometimes it's good to mix things up and see what comes up!  I must put in a 'random choice' button!

No comments:

Post a Comment